Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SCMF SCMF is offline

Default Different Header/Footer for Pages

I have been looking around the internet and cannot find a way to change the
header in a Word document from page to page. The closest I've gotten is by
Page Setup and selecting the Odd/Even option, but that isn't doing the trick.

What I want, specifically, is for the entire document to have the same
header, but not on a handful of pages. This "handful" of pages (of an
about-15 page doc) has no Odd/Even-paged pattern; they're just random.

I need a solution. Anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

You are very close, it is indeed to do with inserting a new Section Break
(Insert, Break, Next Page) prior to the new section and at the end. Beware of
Different First Page settings (via Page Setup). Odd/Even Page breaks are used
when doing duplex (double-sided) printing.
Once the Section Breaks have been inserted, the "Same as Previous" setting
(shows up on the Header/Footer toolbar as Link to Previous icon) will require
cancelling to allow edits to be made to the new Header/Footer.
If the different header is require to purely reflect a change in "chapter"
title, you can do this without Section Breaks and the use of a field called
StyleRef which will repeat the specified Style text in the Header/Footer.
Also see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tercontent.htm for
further info.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"SCMF" wrote:

I have been looking around the internet and cannot find a way to change the
header in a Word document from page to page. The closest I've gotten is by
Page Setup and selecting the Odd/Even option, but that isn't doing the trick.

What I want, specifically, is for the entire document to have the same
header, but not on a handful of pages. This "handful" of pages (of an
about-15 page doc) has no Odd/Even-paged pattern; they're just random.

I need a solution. Anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Evidently you searching didn't include Word Help:-) The first topic listed
when using the keyword "Header" links to the following page:

http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102395081033&pid=CR1006545 61033&ofcresset=1

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones