Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Camican Camican is offline

Default Word for Windows ME

I just recently activated an old Windows ME computer and was wondering if
there is any Microsoft Word or Excel versions available for it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kate G. Kate G. is offline

Word 2000 or earlier will definitely run on it. I don't have 2003 so don't
know about it (but would guess it would).

Anything from Office 2007 -- I'd be leary -- but someone more knowledgeable
will chime in soon. (Mostly because an older machine with ME probably has a
smaller hard drive, smaller processor and smaller RAM. Newer programs take
more hard drive space and more RAM to run efficiently generally speaking.)

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kathryn Groves

"Camican" wrote in message
I just recently activated an old Windows ME computer and was wondering if
there is any Microsoft Word or Excel versions available for it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Office 2003 and 2007 will not work with ME. You must have XP or vista.
Office XP (2002) was the last version to support ME.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Camican" wrote in message
I just recently activated an old Windows ME computer and was wondering if
there is any Microsoft Word or Excel versions available for it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles W Davis Charles W Davis is offline

From the Microsoft site: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 2,
Windows Server 2003 with SP1, or later operating system2