Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Technically Challenged Technically Challenged is offline

Default Default setting for paste in Word 2003

I need to cut and paste a lot of text from one doc to another. Each
time I do it (Ctrl C + Ctrl V), a popup is displayed asking me whether
I want to match the destinatinon format. I consistently want to match
the destination format and I wish I didn't keep getting that annoying
popup menu each time because it really slows me down.
Can anybody please tell me how to set "match destination format" as
the global default so I don't have to get those popups anymore?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That's essentially the same as Paste Unformatted. You could just choose
Edit - Paste Special - Unformatted text. Or, for a very simple macro you can
assign to a keystroke (such as Ctrl+V), see:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=128

"Paste Special Unformatted Text At Your Fingertips"

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Technically Challenged" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to cut and paste a lot of text from one doc to another. Each
time I do it (Ctrl C + Ctrl V), a popup is displayed asking me whether
I want to match the destinatinon format. I consistently want to match
the destination format and I wish I didn't keep getting that annoying
popup menu each time because it really slows me down.
Can anybody please tell me how to set "match destination format" as
the global default so I don't have to get those popups anymore?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Technically Challenged Technically Challenged is offline

Thanks a lot, that really works! I also like the way you showed that
if you do everything "right", recording the macro step-by-step, it
doesn't work, but that thanks to your "deux ex machina" editing (which
I never would have figured out in a million years) it works like a
charm.