Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amy E. Baggott Amy E. Baggott is offline

Default Nested If Statements in Word 2007

Is there a way to nest If statements in Word or to use multiple conditions in
an IF statement? I have a cover letter that goes with an invoice, and I have
some conditional text that appears if the balance is negative. The three
possibilities a

1. Balance is negative and date is = the refund deadline, print "Refund to
follow"
2. Balance is negative and date is after the refund deadline, print "No
refund as deadline has passed."
3. Balance is 0 or positive, print nothing

Is there a way to do this in Word? Currently, I have an if statement based
on the balance, but I have to go in manually each year and change the letter
after the refund deadline, and I'd like it to be automatic.
--
Amy E. Baggott

"I''m going crazy and I''m taking all of you with me!" -- Linda Grayson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Amy,

Yes, you can nest IF statements - up to 20 levels if need be. Thus:
{IF{DATE \@ "YYYYMMDD"} {DEADLINEDATE \@ "YYYYMMDD"} "No refund as deadline has passed." {IF{BALANCE} 0 "Refund to follow"}}

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message. Also, be careful to preserve the spacing indicated around the various expressions, otherwise you may run
into problems.
--
Cheers
macropod

Nested If statements mmikula Mailmerge 2 October 28th 08 07:48 PM
If Statements in Word 2007 How To? JohnH Mailmerge 5 December 1st 07 06:38 AM
Calculations and nested IF statements JKeef Microsoft Word Help 0 October 16th 07 04:39 PM
Grouping Nested If Statements [email protected] Mailmerge 6 September 7th 07 08:33 AM
Nested If statements in MS Word 2003 - Help! crun Mailmerge 1 April 12th 06 08:10 AM