CORAL CHICK

Default HOW DO I CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDERS OPTIONS CONTROL PAN

I HAVE BEEN SENT A DOCUMENT VIA E-MAIL WHEN I TRY TO OPEN IT I GET THE
FOLLOWING MESSAGE. THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAMME ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR
PERFROMING THIS ACTION. CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDER OPTIONS CONTROL
PANEL. WHAT ON EARTH DOES THIS MEAN. IM NOT A COMPUTER BUFF SO PLEASE REPLY
IN ENGLISH
TA

It means that Windows doesn't know what program to use to open the file. If
you are opening it from an Explorer window, right-click, choose Open With,
then select the appropriate program. You can check a box for "Always use
this program to open this kind of file" (or words to that effect). If the
file is a Word document, then this should not be necessary if you start Word
first and open the file from within Word.

"CORAL CHICK" CORAL wrote in message
I HAVE BEEN SENT A DOCUMENT VIA E-MAIL WHEN I TRY TO OPEN IT I GET THE
FOLLOWING MESSAGE. THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAMME ASSOCIATED WITH IT

FOR
PERFROMING THIS ACTION. CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDER OPTIONS

CONTROL
PANEL. WHAT ON EARTH DOES THIS MEAN. IM NOT A COMPUTER BUFF SO PLEASE

REPLY
IN ENGLISH
TA

Graham Mayor

Turn off your CAPS LOCK and stop SHOUTING!

The message means that none of the programs on your PC have been configured
to open this type of file. But as you have not told us what type of program
created this 'document' file it is or what programs you have installed it is
difficult to advise further.

CORAL CHICK wrote:
I HAVE BEEN SENT A DOCUMENT VIA E-MAIL WHEN I TRY TO OPEN IT I GET THE
FOLLOWING MESSAGE. THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAMME ASSOCIATED
WITH IT FOR PERFORMING THIS ACTION. CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE