Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jorge Bravo[_2_] Jorge Bravo[_2_] is offline

Default Boxes

Word 2002

How do I create a box around some text that I have ALREADY written?

Thank you

JB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You cannot have a 'box' split across two pages. A workaround is to insert a
single cell table, then copy/paste your text into the table cell. That
should roll over pages and give you the choice of table border format.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jorge Bravo" wrote in message
Word 2002

How do I create a box around some text that I have ALREADY written?

Thank you

JB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It depends on what sort of "box" you want. You can apply a border (to
selected text or to paragraphs). You can insert a text box or frame. You can
place the text in a bordered table cell. You need to provide more
information about what you're trying to accomplish.

"Jorge Bravo" wrote in message
Word 2002

How do I create a box around some text that I have ALREADY written?

Thank you

JB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jorge Bravo[_2_] Jorge Bravo[_2_] is offline

Thanks Suzanne

I have now managed to do more or les what I wanted with a table,like below.
What I need to do now is to wrap round the text that is above so that the
area to the right of the table does not remain empty.

Help!

Trusting

age finished | Frequency.

12 9

13 10

14 124

15 88

16 161

17 128

18 226

19 65

20 85

21 548

dk, na 193

Total 1,637

Careful with people

age finished | Frequency

12 34

13 32

14 200

15 157

17 164

18 243

19 50

20 111

21 335

dk, na 180

Total 1,795

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" escreveu na mensagem
It depends on what sort of "box" you want. You can apply a border (to
selected text or to paragraphs). You can insert a text box or frame. You
can place the text in a bordered table cell. You need to provide more
information about what you're trying to accomplish.

"Jorge Bravo" wrote in message
Word 2002

How do I create a box around some text that I have ALREADY written?

Thank you

JB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Presuming this is a 2-column Table, select the columns and choose Centre
Alignment. If you used a single column Table, then insert a Tab between the
numbers (note you must use Shift+Tab to insert a Tab inside a table). Adjust
the tab using the Ruler.

Terry

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jorge Bravo[_2_] Jorge Bravo[_2_] is offline

Thanks, but what I meant was that I have the table to the side of the page
and I want to wrap round text that I have above the Table.

Can you help?

thanks

"Terry Farrell" escreveu na mensagem
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Right-click on the Table and choose Table Properties. Then select the option
Text Wrapping Around.

Terry

[...]

Aligning check boxes and text boxes with regular text ssbell Microsoft Word Help 1 March 28th 07 02:12 AM
Aligning check boxes and text boxes with regular text Simon Jones [MSDL] Microsoft Word Help 0 March 28th 07 12:17 AM
Boxes Julie Page Layout 4 December 13th 06 07:15 PM
Can I hide the text boxes when printing? I used text boxes to ove. Jaz Microsoft Word Help 1 May 24th 06 12:29 PM
Yes/No boxes tinous Mailmerge 1 April 27th 06 08:56 AM