Oceanenzyme

Default How do I get word documents to show as thumbnails

Hi,

I was organizing my files in my documents when I noticed that some of my
word files have a thumbnail that shows what the letter actually looks like
but the other word files only show the word icon and not the photo of the
document. So my question is how can I make all my word documents show the
item it is as a thumbnail?

Marie

Greg Maxey

With FileProperties. In the bottom left corner of the dialog box there is
an option to save preview picture.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Oceanenzyme wrote:
Hi,

I was organizing my files in my documents when I noticed that some of
my word files have a thumbnail that shows what the letter actually
looks like but the other word files only show the word icon and not
the photo of the document. So my question is how can I make all my
word documents show the item it is as a thumbnail?

Marie

As Greg has said, Word offers the option to save a preview picture, but you
probably don't want to use it. For one thing, it adds unreasonably to the
file size. For another, when you use Preview view in File | Open, you
actually get a much more usable preview *without* the preview picture than
with it (try it, and you'll see what I mean). Moreover, if you save a
preview with a template, then every document based on that template will be
saved with a preview unless you remember to disable the option.

"Oceanenzyme" wrote in message
Hi,

I was organizing my files in my documents when I noticed that some of my
word files have a thumbnail that shows what the letter actually looks like
but the other word files only show the word icon and not the photo of the
document. So my question is how can I make all my word documents show the
item it is as a thumbnail?

Marie

Greg Maxey

Suzanne,

All good points. Sometime I tend to just answer the question rather than
providing information the user really needs to know. Could that be from
years of military training ;-).