Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chumney

Default Why can't I type in answers on a down loaded form?

I've down loaded a job application form. But when I try to type in the
blanks, nothing lines up. Just by typing seems to change the format of the
form. Help !!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Basically what this means is that the form wasn't properly designed. You can
either fix it yourself (if you know how) or use it as is and send back
whatever garbage is created or (and this is probably what was intended)
print it out and fill it in by hand or with a typewriter.

"Chumney" wrote in message
I've down loaded a job application form. But when I try to type in the
blanks, nothing lines up. Just by typing seems to change the format of

the
form. Help !!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I'd suggest learning how to fix the problem and then make sure you mention
that skill in the job app.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Basically what this means is that the form wasn't properly designed. You
can
either fix it yourself (if you know how) or use it as is and send back
whatever garbage is created or (and this is probably what was intended)
print it out and fill it in by hand or with a typewriter.

so
all may benefit.

"Chumney" wrote in message
I've down loaded a job application form. But when I try to type in the
blanks, nothing lines up. Just by typing seems to change the format of

the
form. Help !!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Indeed! I tacitly do this for a lot of the forms I'm sent; so far I don't
think anyone has noticed. One of the forms I get actually uses form fields
but isn't protected and includes detailed instructions on how to
double-click and use the Form Field Options to change an unchecked box to a
checked one. g

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
I'd suggest learning how to fix the problem and then make sure you mention
that skill in the job app.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Basically what this means is that the form wasn't properly designed. You
can
either fix it yourself (if you know how) or use it as is and send back
whatever garbage is created or (and this is probably what was intended)
print it out and fill it in by hand or with a typewriter.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.