Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bob

Default when I clck the print icon I can only save as a mdi file. Why?

I wish to send a Word document to my printer. On another computer, when I
click the print icon, the document gets sent to a printer and the printer
prints an acceptable-looking document. When I do that on this version of
Word (and word perfect and attachments to e-mails) the printer, which prints
other items just fine, gives me a copy which makes it look like the printer
is out of ink. How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jean-Guy Marcil

bob was telling us:
bob nous racontait que :

I wish to send a Word document to my printer. On another computer,
when I click the print icon, the document gets sent to a printer and
the printer prints an acceptable-looking document. When I do that on
this version of Word (and word perfect and attachments to e-mails)

What version of Word?

the printer, which prints other items just fine, gives me a copy
which makes it look like the printer is out of ink. How can I fix
this?

Do you mean that some stuff is badly printed, or the whole page is looking
kinda pale?

Finally, your subject line does not seem to be related at all to the problem
you describe..... Which is it then?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Bob,

In File=Print check to see what printer is selected. Using the MS Office Document Image Writer would send the output to the MS
Office Document Imaging application in either an .MDI or a .TIFF format.

Once you have selected your 'regular' printer in File=Print click on the [Properties] button in that dialog to see if your printer
is set to use 'quick' or 'draft' print as the default output choice.

=============
"bob" wrote in message ...
I wish to send a Word document to my printer. On another computer, when I
click the print icon, the document gets sent to a printer and the printer
prints an acceptable-looking document. When I do that on this version of
Word (and word perfect and attachments to e-mails) the printer, which prints
other items just fine, gives me a copy which makes it look like the printer
is out of ink. How can I fix this?
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview