Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chfgraegl

Default I set a password to a word doc , but it wont apply it

I am trying to password protect a word document but after following the
instructions , it wont apply the password . I must be doing something wrong.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeJohnB

Forgot to tell you, you need to actually save the document after you have set
the password obviously. Suggest you try on a copy first

"Chfgraegl" wrote:

I am trying to password protect a word document but after following the
instructions , it wont apply the password . I must be doing something wrong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeJohnB

Create your document first.

Select saveas from the file menu

When the save box pops up, select from the drop down list of the tools menu
(Found on the top menu bar at the right hand side in the save as window)
"General options" In here you can set a password to open or password to
modify as you wish. dont forget the password tho.

HTH