Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Playhard53

Default Word 2003 and Outlook 2002

I recently upgraded to Word 2003, My outlook is 2002. It will not let me use
Word as my email editor. Is there a wat to make this work
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

You need to have the same version of Word and Outlook in order to use
Word as the email editor. So either use Word 2002 if you want to use
Word as the email editor in Outlook 2002. Or, of course, use Outlook
2003 so you can use Word 2003 as the email editor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Playhard53" wrote in message
I recently upgraded to Word 2003, My outlook is 2002. It will not
let me use
Word as my email editor. Is there a wat to make this work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anne anne is offline

The Outlook editor is OK to a point but is it possible to get it to auto
correct as it does in Word eg.replace text as you type, if Word isn't its
email editor (becasue its the wrong edition)?
--
anneten

Beth Melton wrote:
You need to have the same version of Word and Outlook in order to use
Word as the email editor. So either use Word 2002 if you want to use
Word as the email editor in Outlook 2002. Or, of course, use Outlook
2003 so you can use Word 2003 as the email editor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Playhard53" wrote in message
I recently upgraded to Word 2003, My outlook is 2002. It will not
let me use
Word as my email editor. Is there a wat to make this work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Autocorrect certainly works in the Outlook 2003 editor - whether having a
different version of Word affects the issue I cannot say.

Beth Melton wrote:
You need to have the same version of Word and Outlook in order to
use Word as the email editor. So either use Word 2002 if you want
to use Word as the email editor in Outlook 2002. Or, of course, use
Outlook 2003 so you can use Word 2003 as the email editor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Playhard53" wrote in message
I recently upgraded to Word 2003, My outlook is 2002. It will not
let me use
Word as my email editor. Is there a wat to make this work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anne anne is offline

In my Outlook 03 it won't do things like replacing words as you type in an
email. It suggests corections to spelling when I run the spellcheck, but
doesn't do other things that Word 2000 does. Any more ideas?
--
anneten

Beth Melton wrote:
You need to have the same version of Word and Outlook in order to
use Word as the email editor. So either use Word 2002 if you want
to use Word as the email editor in Outlook 2002. Or, of course, use
Outlook 2003 so you can use Word 2003 as the email editor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Playhard53" wrote in message
I recently upgraded to Word 2003, My outlook is 2002. It will not
let me use
Word as my email editor. Is there a wat to make this work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In that case it seems likely that you need the matching version of Word
present. Fer confirmation you need to ask in an Outlook forum.

Anne wrote:
In my Outlook 03 it won't do things like replacing words as you type
in an email. It suggests corrections to spelling when I run the

Beth Melton wrote:
You need to have the same version of Word and Outlook in order to
use Word as the email editor. So either use Word 2002 if you want
to use Word as the email editor in Outlook 2002. Or, of course,
use Outlook 2003 so you can use Word 2003 as the email editor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Playhard53" wrote in
message ...
I recently upgraded to Word 2003, My outlook is 2002. It will
not let me use
Word as my email editor. Is there a wat to make this work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hilary Ostrov Hilary Ostrov is offline

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 07:47:01 -0800, in
, Anne
wrote:

In my Outlook 03 it won't do things like replacing words as you type in an
email. It suggests corections to spelling when I run the spellcheck, but
doesn't do other things that Word 2000 does. Any more ideas?

You could try ActiveWords [www.activewords.com]; it will work in/from
any Windows application ... has an add-in with over 1800 common
English words that it will autocorrect (and you can add to the list if
you like). Incidentally, it also does much, much more - including
opening programs, folders, files, websites & text substitution - all
at the command of your fingertips; i.e. you define keyboard shortcuts
for virtually anything you want to do on your computer! e.g. if I want
to open Word, I type wrd then hit spacebar twice, and Word opens up.
Or, if I want to go to the MVPS website, I type mvp [space] [space]
and my default browser opens up at www.mvps.org.

I discovered this program about 3 or 4 years ago and even though they
offer a 60 day free trial, I knew within 30 minutes that this was a
utility I could not live without! Because I prefer to be
non-mouse-dependent, I'd be lost without it, now!

01/28/2007 09:28 PM --- (I just typed date [space] [space] time
[space] [space] to get all that!)

hro
--
myssiwyg* ... making your support systems improve what you get!
http://www.myssiwyg.ca/