Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bobvans Bobvans is offline

Default Missing Font Names

I have seen a number of discussions about a font not appearing on the font
list, but I have installed fonts that appear as a blank line alphabetically
on the menu. If I select it to use in a document, it then appears, but not
initially. Is there a way to add the name?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This suggests a poorly design font whose binary file does not contain the
font name in the expected place. Short of editing the font with a font
editor, I don't think there's anything you can do.

"Bobvans" wrote in message
I have seen a number of discussions about a font not appearing on the font
list, but I have installed fonts that appear as a blank line

alphabetically
on the menu. If I select it to use in a document, it then appears, but not
initially. Is there a way to add the name?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

I am experiencing the same problem on word 2003 and it works fine on Apple
macs with word so i dont think your answer is correct. In my case it is the
light and extra bold fonts which come up blank.