Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Default Word Options Advanced - holding default style other than "Normal"

Hi everyone,

I change in Word Options

Enable Click & Type

Default “Normal” I change to “Body Text” (no the list)

It does not hold - it reverts back to "Normal" on exit?

Am I missing the point of this feature? It just resets* back to Normal? I assume (it seems wrongly) it is for changing default style on opening Word screen to in my case to " Body Text" or any other style in the dropdown list?

Is anyone able to enlighten me on this feature?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

I notice if I DOUBLE click in middle of blank screen I get a tab key then it changes to body text - it is a bit "rough around the edges is it not"?

I have to move below Hard Return first line on margin to invoke on left side so I end up with the Pilcrow above "Body Text".

I guess it is working properly then
"Summer" wrote in message ...
Hi everyone,

I change in Word Options

Enable Click & Type

It does not hold - it reverts back to "Normal" on exit?

Am I missing the point of this feature? It just resets* back to Normal? I assume (it seems wrongly) it is for changing default style on opening Word screen to in my case to " Body Text" or any other style in the dropdown list?

Is anyone able to enlighten me on this feature?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As you've seen, the purpose of the setting is to determine which style
should be used for the "click and type" feature. In my opinion, it's
useless--probably because I find "click and type" useless. :-)

What you can do is open the blank document template (normal.dotm) as a file
and apply the Body Text style to the empty paragraph; it will then be
applied by default in each new document you create. Note, however, that this
isn't foolproof, since there are situations where the Normal style will be
reapplied by Word; for example, when you select the final paragraph mark in
a document and press the Delete key.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Summer" wrote in message ...
I notice if I DOUBLE click in middle of blank screen I get a tab key then it
changes to body text - it is a bit "rough around the edges is it not"?

I have to move below Hard Return first line on margin to invoke on left side
so I end up with the Pilcrow above "Body Text".

I guess it is working properly then
"Summer" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I change in Word Options
Enable Click & Type

It does not hold - it reverts back to "Normal" on exit?

Am I missing the point of this feature? It just resets* back to Normal? I
assume (it seems wrongly) it is for changing default style on opening Word
screen to in my case to " Body Text" or any other style in the dropdown
list?

Is anyone able to enlighten me on this feature?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Thanks Stefan - me thinks it is "useless" too. I just decided to see what it
actually did (not much really).

"Summer" wrote in message ...
I notice if I DOUBLE click in middle of blank screen I get a tab key then
it
changes to body text - it is a bit "rough around the edges is it not"?

I have to move below Hard Return first line on margin to invoke on left
side
so I end up with the Pilcrow above "Body Text".

I guess it is working properly then
"Summer" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I change in Word Options