Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eve eve is offline

Default a 20 page doc: can I numbered the 16 first pages only?

I have a 20 page document and only want the first 16 pages to be numbered
and the rest of the 4 pages don't need to have a page number. Can I number
only the first 16 pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll need to insert a section break between pages 16 and 17. With the
insertion point in Section 2, View | Header and Footer. Unlink the
header/footer in Section 2 from the one in Section 1 by clicking on the Same
as Previous/Link to Previous button (to turn it off), then delete the page
number from that header/footer.

"Eve" wrote in message
I have a 20 page document and only want the first 16 pages to be numbered
and the rest of the 4 pages don't need to have a page number. Can I number
only the first 16 pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah_Lecturer Sarah_Lecturer is offline

Number all the pages
View Headers and Footers
On pages 16,17,18,19,20 click the button "same as previous" (so they are not
the same)
Delete the page numbers on these pages
Hope this helps

Sarah