Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jed Sutter Jed Sutter is offline

Default text form field calculations with dates?

Hi
I'm trying to have my form list the age, in days, of an item. I was using
mm/dd/yy for the date format but Word 2003 decided that I was trying to
perform division on each date. Any suggestions?
Also, I can't seem to get brackets around my bookmarks. Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:17:01 -0700, Jed Sutter Jed
wrote:

Hi
I'm trying to have my form list the age, in days, of an item. I was using
mm/dd/yy for the date format but Word 2003 decided that I was trying to
perform division on each date. Any suggestions?
Also, I can't seem to get brackets around my bookmarks. Thanks for any help

Everything you'll ever want to know about dates in fields is in
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...&Number=249902.

In general, if you want to see where the bookmarks are, go to Tools
Options View and check "Bookmarks". If you mean specifically the
bookmarks associated with form fields, open the field's Properties
dialog and make sure there is a name in the Bookmarks box. Every
bookmark name must be unique within the document; if you try to assign
the same name a second time, it will "steal" it from the first
location and leave that one blank.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman