Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judithall Judithall is offline

Default .pdf to Word

I converted pdf files to Word 2002, but the document appears in text boxes.
How do I get rid of the text boxes efficiently? I did CRTL+A then CTRL+Q, but
then I lose the formatting, margins etc. Any solutions?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Welcome to the real world of OCR. PDF files are not intended to be
deconstructed in this way and the result is inevitably a hotch potch. You
could try some better OCR software - such as Finereader, but there is no
magic bullet that will make this work as you expect.

Judithall wrote:
I converted pdf files to Word 2002, but the document appears in text
boxes. How do I get rid of the text boxes efficiently? I did CRTL+A
then CTRL+Q, but then I lose the formatting, margins etc. Any
solutions?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Judithall - As Graham has said convertors from PDF to Word are notoriously
suspect with the results. With respect to your text boxes, you could convert
them to frames and then Remove the frames, leaving the text.
Obviously you will have to be careful on how this convertion/removal leaves
the text and possible borders but it could work.
Hope this helps
DeanH

Judithall wrote:
I converted pdf files to Word 2002, but the document appears in text
boxes. How do I get rid of the text boxes efficiently? I did CRTL+A
then CTRL+Q, but then I lose the formatting, margins etc. Any
solutions?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the description - they are already frames
CTRL+A and CTRL+Q would not affect text boxes.