Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Default How To Find A Macro -- Word 2007

Our company has several hundred controlled forms that are saved as protected
templates on a server.

Recently, we've had many cases of people trying to open these templates and
getting error messages about macros (Do you want to enable?) even though
there shouldn't be any macros in the forms that are giving the errors.

I know very little (read "less than nothing") about macros. How do you find
and disable an unwanted macro in a document? Where do they hide?

I don't know if it matters, but all of the forms that give these errors have
been recently revised. Our document control department has migrated from
Office 2003 to Office 2007 recently, but since most of the company is still
using 2003, we're saving everything in the older formats. All the documents
have the *.dot extension -- not the *.dotm extension.

Thanks for your help.

Jerry