Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tt tt is offline

Default spaces between words can't be removed?

very weird. my daughter was typing a paper. Not sure how she managed it, but
words will have extra space and the little green squigly. When I remove one
other extra spaces appear before after the edit. It's as if removing one
extra space adds other to other parts of the document. I have never seen
anything like this, nor can I find a solution. Much appreciated for any
advice. The document is in 2007 DOCX format. It started out in Windows,
Office 2007. I then moved it to a MAC Office 2008 to see if I could get a
handle on it there. Same problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like "distributed" text. Maybe your daughter pressed Ctrl+Shift+J (runs
the DistributePara command) by mistake? Select the text and press Ctrl+J to
justify the text, or use Ctrl+L for left alignment.

Another thing to consider: Take a look at the Character Spacing tab of the Font
dialog box. Make sure that "Scale" is set to "100%," and that "Spacing" and
"Position" are both set to "Normal."

To display the Font dialog box, click the dialog launcher button in the Fonts
group (on the Home tab) or press Ctrl+D.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP