Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Change outline numbering, hanging indent not updated

Agreed. I can't count the number of hours I spent trying to make
those configuration switches work. Trying to reverse engineer how
they work from trial and error hasn't worked for me.

On Apr 22, 10:59*am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
Indeed, it pays to take a second (and a third) look at that article. :-)

"Paul" wrote
I did that. *I chose a Heading 1 paragraph, modified the style, and
from there, chose to Format-Numbering. *In the Bullets and Numbering
panel, I chose the Outline Numbered tab, and as per the website, did
not choose a different pattern from the one that was already
selected. *I chose the Customize the selected pattern, which yielded a
Customize Outline Numbered List dialogue box. *I made sure the More
details were shown, and...oh, wait a minute. *I missed Shauna Kelly's
section 2.4, specifically field#3. *That might solve it. *Thanks for
prompting me to take a 2nd look.

On Apr 21, 6:30 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you apply outline numbering to paragraph styles, the indents and tabs
must be set in the Numbering dialog, not in the Paragraph dialog.

"Paul" wrote:
I followedhttp://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html
to define an outline numbering scheme. For each additional outline
level, I added 0.12" of extra indentation for the text of the
heading. The tabstop settings are properly updated in each Heading
style, but the hanging indents is not. I manually modified the
hanging indents to match the tab settings. Is there a more
intelligent way to have the hanging indents update automagically?

Numbering - Left indent and hanging indent separate limedragon Microsoft Word Help 7 December 16th 09 07:15 PM
hanging indent Cindy Microsoft Word Help 1 February 26th 09 10:15 AM
Hanging indent Ed Mullikin New Users 2 December 5th 07 10:20 AM
Hanging indent Neil Microsoft Word Help 2 January 13th 06 12:47 AM
How do I change hanging indent default when using automatic number Jenka Microsoft Word Help 1 August 15th 05 04:23 PM