Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
robert morris[_2_] robert morris[_2_] is offline

Default Table alignment in Word 2007

I have created a Table with 5 columns and 16 rows. Cell alignment in all
cells is Centered horizonally. I have copied this format into several Word
Documents.

My problem; In Column 1, Rows 9 & 11 cells are showing as Top aligned. All
other cells are correct. I have gone into the Tables / Layout and the
Alignment Group and clicked on the Center button but nothing changes at all.

The two cells stand out like a sore thumb. How can I force them to "center"?

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) and see if you
have an extra blank paragraph in the offending cells.

Check whether those cells are formatted with a different Style from
the others with different spacing options set.

Go to Format Paragraph and see whether that sort of spacing
formatting has been applied individually to those cells.

On Apr 27, 12:36*pm, robert morris
wrote:
I have created a Table with 5 columns and 16 rows. *Cell alignment in all
cells is Centered horizonally. *I have copied this format into several Word
Documents.

My problem; *In Column 1, Rows 9 & 11 cells are showing as Top aligned. *All
other cells are correct. *I have gone into the Tables / Layout and the
Alignment Group and clicked on the Center button but nothing changes at all.

The two cells stand out like a sore thumb. *How can I force them to "center"?

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
robert morris[_2_] robert morris[_2_] is offline

Peter......

Thanks for the response. All you suggested is O.K. Same spacing etc.,

Any other ideas?

Bob

wrote:
I have created a Table with 5 columns and 16 rows. Cell alignment in all
cells is Centered horizonally. I have copied this format into several Word
Documents.

My problem; In Column 1, Rows 9 & 11 cells are showing as Top aligned. All
other cells are correct. I have gone into the Tables / Layout and the
Alignment Group and clicked on the Center button but nothing changes at all.

The two cells stand out like a sore thumb. How can I force them to "center"?

Bob

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've recently seen situations like that where I could not find anything to
account for the difference in formatting. I ended up just retyping the text
in some of the cells, or creating new rows and retyping. I never could
figure out what the problem was.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
I have created a Table with 5 columns and 16 rows. Cell alignment in
all
cells is Centered horizonally. I have copied this format into several
Word
Documents.

My problem; In Column 1, Rows 9 & 11 cells are showing as Top aligned.
All
other cells are correct. I have gone into the Tables / Layout and the
Alignment Group and clicked on the Center button but nothing changes at
all.

The two cells stand out like a sore thumb. How can I force them to
"center"?

Bob

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
robert morris[_2_] robert morris[_2_] is offline

Many thanks, Suzanne

I'm relieved to know I'm not quite as dumb as I was becoming!

Bob

wrote:
I have created a Table with 5 columns and 16 rows. Cell alignment in
all
cells is Centered horizonally. I have copied this format into several
Word
Documents.

My problem; In Column 1, Rows 9 & 11 cells are showing as Top aligned.
All
other cells are correct. I have gone into the Tables / Layout and the
Alignment Group and clicked on the Center button but nothing changes at
all.

The two cells stand out like a sore thumb. How can I force them to
"center"?

Bob

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
robert morris[_2_] robert morris[_2_] is offline

Suzanne,
I neglected to say I have deleted the row(s), retyped them, just overtyped
and the offending cells just return.

I don't believe MS ever fixed any problem with 2007. It has more bugs than
a year old fruitcake.

Bob

wrote:
I have created a Table with 5 columns and 16 rows. Cell alignment in
all
cells is Centered horizonally. I have copied this format into several
Word
Documents.

My problem; In Column 1, Rows 9 & 11 cells are showing as Top aligned.
All
other cells are correct. I have gone into the Tables / Layout and the
Alignment Group and clicked on the Center button but nothing changes at
all.

The two cells stand out like a sore thumb. How can I force them to
"center"?

Bob

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, you shouldn't have taken the plastic wrap off the fruitcake!

What happens if you select the entire table, apply some other
paragraph style as an in-between, and then apply the style you want?
(Sounds like you want the same style on all the cells.)

Or even select the entire table, then apply each of the Font and
Paragraph parameters by hand?

wrote:
I have created a Table with 5 columns and 16 rows. *Cell alignment in
all
cells is Centered horizonally. *I have copied this format into several
Word
Documents.

My problem; *In Column 1, Rows 9 & 11 cells are showing as Top aligned.
All
other cells are correct. *I have gone into the Tables / Layout and the
Alignment Group and clicked on the Center button but nothing changes at
all.

The two cells stand out like a sore thumb. *How can I force them to
"center"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One clear problem is that Word 2007 does not offer any way to retrieve the
individual vertical alignment settings you can use in tables in earlier
versions (although the default controls are the nine-button palette, you can
add the Vertical Alignment control to the context menu). You mention that
all the cells are centered horizontally, and I gather that you want them
centered vertically as well, but some are top-aligned. And I gather that
clicking the button that would center them both horizontally and vertically
is not working. Do these cells contain wrapped graphics? I'm pretty sure
that affects the alignment.

I'd be inclined to agree with Peter, though. If you do want all the cells
aligned the same way (so that changing them all at once is not a problem),
then select the entire table and set it to Left and Top and then back to
Center/Center and see if that helps.