jazzfan77

Default Any way to accept format changes only?

When I compared & merged two versions of a document (with lots of tables), I
got a ton of format changes. I'd like to accept them so that only the
substantive changes can remain. But it would take forever to go through the
200 page document and accept the format changes one at a time.

Is there any way that I can accept those changes only? Or have them not
appear in the mark up view?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAC LAC is offline

OK, I tried this and it worked with one exception. It won't accept a track
change for a change in bullet number because the deleted bullet is still
present as a deletion. Is this a quirk with Word?
--
LAC

"jazzfan77" wrote:

That did it. Thanks.

"jazzfan77" wrote in message
When I compared & merged two versions of a document (with lots of tables),

got a ton of format changes. I'd like to accept them so that only the
substantive changes can remain. But it would take forever to go through

the
200 page document and accept the format changes one at a time.

Is there any way that I can accept those changes only? Or have them not
appear in the mark up view?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Show menu is on the Reviewing toolbar.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If this is Word 2002 or 2003, on the Show menu uncheck everything except
Formatting. Then, on the Accept Change menu, click on Accept All Changes
Shown. Or you can hide them by just clearing Formatting from the Show
menu.

so
all may benefit.

"jazzfan77" wrote in message
When I compared & merged two versions of a document (with lots of
tables),

got a ton of format changes. I'd like to accept them so that only the
substantive changes can remain. But it would take forever to go
through

the
200 page document and accept the format changes one at a time.

Is there any way that I can accept those changes only? Or have them
not
appear in the mark up view?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
petesgrille33 petesgrille33 is offline

I also encounter this problem.
I'm working with Word 2007, tracking changes in a large document with lots
of tables and styles. It's also based on a template I created.

For some reason, when I display only formatting changes and then clock
"accept all changes shown," it doesn't. It will accept some formatting
changes, but not all.

Furthermore, when I send the document to someone else, all of the formatting
changes still show up. I don't know how to get rid of them all unless I
remove/accept ALL changes in the document, which I can't do as important
insertions and comments need to remain.

If anyone has any advice on the matter, it would be much appreciated!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Show menu is on the Reviewing toolbar.

news