Just Ducky

Default How do I put company letterhead on computer email stationery?

Is there special software that I need to use to get our company stationery
onto our computers for use with email, or is it as simple as using a scanner.
Jezebel

It depends on what's in the letterhead. Scanning is one method, but usually
the worst because you end up with large files and a slightly fuzzy graphic.
For something as important as company letterhead, re-create it, in the
header of a Word template. Enter the text as text (buying the typeface if
you need a special one), and go back to source to get a good electronic
version of your logo. Scanning might be acceptable for that depending on the
logo.

This is assuming you are talking about sending Word documents or PDFs
created from them as email attachments. If you're talking about putting
stationery into ordinary emails, don't do it. Commercial emails should be
plain text. To put your letterhead into an ordinary email means sending the
email as HTML: a) this is one of the distinguishing features of spam, and b)
very many people receive all emails as plain text anyway as an anti-virus
measure. So not only will your efforts be wasted, they'll actually be
counter-productive.

"Just Ducky" Just wrote in message
news
Is there special software that I need to use to get our company stationery
onto our computers for use with email, or is it as simple as using a
scanner.

Amedee Van Gasse

Jezebel shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.docmanagement:

This is assuming you are talking about sending Word documents or PDFs
created from them as email attachments. If you're talking about
putting stationery into ordinary emails, don't do it. Commercial
emails should be plain text. To put your letterhead into an ordinary
email means sending the email as HTML: a) this is one of the
distinguishing features of spam, and b) very many people receive all
emails as plain text anyway as an anti-virus measure. So not only
will your efforts be wasted, they'll actually be counter-productive.

Will you please tell that to my bosses?
I told them all this, but now we all have html letterheads in emails.
With a bloody animated gif!

It's even used for the internal email. Yesterday one of our pen-pushers
offered tickets for Rock Werchter (because her son failed his exams). 8
kilobytes for a message that contained only 43 bytes of useful
information! Furrfu!

--
Amedee Van Gasse
Just Ducky

Thanks everyone! You have been VERY helpful. You have saved me from a lot
of headaches!

..