Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lu-o lu-o is offline

Default I'm doing a mail merge and missing labels

I have 100 addresses in excel. I'm using the word wizard to make labels. I
have the 1st 3 labels and each page and the last 2 labels on the page and am
missing the labels inbetween.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See where what you have done so far differs from

lu-o wrote:
I have 100 addresses in excel. I'm using the word wizard to make
labels. I have the 1st 3 labels and each page and the last 2 labels
on the page and am missing the labels inbetween.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lu-o lu-o is offline

I sent the mail list to another computer and the mail merge worked just fine
(both computers have office 2003). All labels were displayed on the computer
screen. There is something wrong with the mail merge in Word on my "new"
computer. The only lables displayed on my computer are the 3 labels on the
1st row and the last 2 lables at the bottom of the page. Is there somewhere
that I could go to down load a fix for my mail merge?

lu-o wrote:
I have 100 addresses in excel. I'm using the word wizard to make
labels. I have the 1st 3 labels and each page and the last 2 labels
on the page and am missing the labels inbetween.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Tablet PCs have problems with merging labels - aside from that see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

lu-o wrote:
I have 100 addresses in excel. I'm using the word wizard to make
labels. I have the 1st 3 labels and each page and the last 2 labels
on the page and am missing the labels inbetween.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lu-o lu-o is offline

That is exactly what I have a Gateway tablet laptop. I looked at the links
and didn't see anything specific to mail merge. Are you telling me that I
will always have to foward my list to another computer to print the lables?

lu-o wrote:
I have 100 addresses in excel. I'm using the word wizard to make
labels. I have the 1st 3 labels and each page and the last 2 labels
on the page and am missing the labels inbetween.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

An issue concerning Tablet PCs and the merge printing of labels has been
raised a number of times in the mail merge forum. I cannot quickly find a
reference and I am not aware of any fix. If all the labels appear correctly
on screen and when the display is toggled (ALT+F9) you have a NEXT record
field at the start of each label but the first, you could try changing the
document type to form letter (letters) from the mail merge toolbar (see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm ) and run the merge
again.

I will see if I can find a reference to the problem and if I do I will post
back.