Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trainer07 trainer07 is offline

Default Whey doesn't my Word tool, Track Changes, show the author?

What is happening is that on some machines the Track Changes tool does not
show the author when you hover over it. Is there a setting that controls
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

Yes, go to Tools, Options, View tab and select screen tips

"trainer07" wrote:

What is happening is that on some machines the Track Changes tool does not
show the author when you hover over it. Is there a setting that controls
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

If you are using Word 2003 and if what you are asking for is for the "hover
function" to show the author and type of change made, this is it. Make sure
you click the screen tips ON. No other suggestions