Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JG

Default Paper Size Changes Automatically

We're using Word 2000 at our office. Recently we have noticed that documents
that were previously formatted to standard letter size are now set to A6
size. In fact, sometimes when working on a document I will set it to letter,
print it, save it, and close it; but when I reopen the file, it's back to A6
again.

I've already made sure that the normal.dot is set to letter by default.

This is a completely random problem. It doesn't happen all the time.

If anyone has a suggestions, I'd appreciate them. I don't know if it holds
any relevance, but one thing to note is that this happened around the same
time that we switched to a new workgroup on our server.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word Heretic

G'day JG ,

set the default printer to use a4.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

JG reckoned:

We're using Word 2000 at our office. Recently we have noticed that documents
that were previously formatted to standard letter size are now set to A6
size. In fact, sometimes when working on a document I will set it to letter,
print it, save it, and close it; but when I reopen the file, it's back to A6
again.

I've already made sure that the normal.dot is set to letter by default.

This is a completely random problem. It doesn't happen all the time.

If anyone has a suggestions, I'd appreciate them. I don't know if it holds
any relevance, but one thing to note is that this happened around the same
time that we switched to a new workgroup on our server.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JG

Why A4 when what I want is Letter?

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day JG ,

set the default printer to use a4.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

JG reckoned:

We're using Word 2000 at our office. Recently we have noticed that documents
that were previously formatted to standard letter size are now set to A6
size. In fact, sometimes when working on a document I will set it to letter,
print it, save it, and close it; but when I reopen the file, it's back to A6
again.

I've already made sure that the normal.dot is set to letter by default.

This is a completely random problem. It doesn't happen all the time.

If anyone has a suggestions, I'd appreciate them. I don't know if it holds
any relevance, but one thing to note is that this happened around the same
time that we switched to a new workgroup on our server.

How to make custom paper sizes work? LurfysMa Page Layout 4 January 7th 06 04:37 PM
Paper size in print changes when the file is move to another computer Rasoul Khoshravan Azar New Users 1 October 31st 05 10:00 PM
Paper size in print changes when the file is move to another computer Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Page Layout 1 October 31st 05 10:00 PM
Paper size Caz Page Layout 3 July 25th 05 11:24 PM
Setting custom size problem Bob S Page Layout 0 December 24th 04 03:25 PM