edge

Default Convert text to Hebrew

Hebrew is enabled on my computer. How do I convert text to Hebrew?
Opinicus

"edge" wrote

Hebrew is enabled on my computer. How do I convert text
to Hebrew?

What's enabled on your computer is the Hebrew alphabet. If
by "convert" you mean "translate", you hire a human
translator or employ a machine translator to do the job.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

edge

By enabled, I mean that it is one of the languages that's shown as being
enabled (downloaded) to my computer. I want to be able to highlight text and
convert to a Hebrew font.

"Opinicus" wrote:

"edge" wrote

Hebrew is enabled on my computer. How do I convert text
to Hebrew?

What's enabled on your computer is the Hebrew alphabet. If
by "convert" you mean "translate", you hire a human
translator or employ a machine translator to do the job.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Treesy

I don't think you can convert English to a "Hebrew font" and have it actually
be readable in Hebrew. I don't believe there are 26 Hebrew letters that are
interchangable with our alphabet. You'll need to follow Opinicus' suggestion
and hire a translator. That translator can use your Hebrew font to type the
translation.

Good luck.

"edge" wrote:

By enabled, I mean that it is one of the languages that's shown as being
enabled (downloaded) to my computer. I want to be able to highlight text and
convert to a Hebrew font.

"Opinicus" wrote:

"edge" wrote

Hebrew is enabled on my computer. How do I convert text
to Hebrew?

What's enabled on your computer is the Hebrew alphabet. If
by "convert" you mean "translate", you hire a human
translator or employ a machine translator to do the job.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

edge

Perhaps I did not phrase my question very well. Both Hebrew and English are
"enabled" on my computer. How do I switch to Hebrew? Following the
instructions from Microsoft did not work.

"edge" wrote:

Hebrew is enabled on my computer. How do I convert text to Hebrew?

Graham Mayor

Your question was clear enough - you said you wanted to select a block of
text and convert it to Hebrew. As has been reported, there is no way to do
this. You can apply a the Hebrew font to the text, but the result will be
gibberish. To convert to Hebrew, you need the aid of a translation service.

You can *type* in Hebrew if you understand the language and set the regional
settings of Windows to use Hebrew.

"edge" wrote:

Hebrew is enabled on my computer. How do I convert text to Hebrew?

edge

Thank you for your patience. Setting the regional language is exactly what I
want to do. When I tried it, I could not type in Hebrew, except when I went
on the Internet and suddenly was typing Hebrew on the Google site. Any
suggestions?