mboswell

Default Is there a feature that keeps part of a document from being check.

Have you ever heard of Word turning on a feature that keeps part of a
document from being checked by the grammar and spell checker? I've never seen
this before. If you try to spell check a doc a message comes up that says
that "the text that has been marked not to be checked has been skipped." But
yet I can not find any formatting mark or setting which has a choice to skip
text to be checked.
I know it sounds weird!

Jay Freedman

mboswell wrote:
Have you ever heard of Word turning on a feature that keeps part of a
document from being checked by the grammar and spell checker? I've
never seen this before. If you try to spell check a doc a message
comes up that says that "the text that has been marked not to be
checked has been skipped." But yet I can not find any formatting
mark or setting which has a choice to skip text to be checked.
I know it sounds weird!

Select everything (Ctrl+A). Then go to Tools Language Set Language and
uncheck the option for "Do not check spelling and grammar". In earlier
versions of Word, the equivalent of this option is the "(No proofing)" item
in the list of languages; select the correct language instead.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman