Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hebe Hebe is offline

Default Format marked table of contents

I have generated a TOC by marking various phrases in my doc. There doesn't
seem to be a way to format the finished product like can be done when it has
been generated with headings i.e. under the Modify button, only TOC1, TOC2
etc show up. Is there a way it can be done without applying switches? I
haven't used siwtiches before but will need to get to grips with it if that's
the only way.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm not sure I understand quite what you're asking. When you use TC fields
to generate a TOC, you indicate in each field which TOC level the heading
should be; you can then modify that specific TOC style as desired. In order
to display the text you've selected, you'll need to be sure to check the
"Table entry fields" box in the TOC Options dialog.

"Hebe" wrote in message
I have generated a TOC by marking various phrases in my doc. There

doesn't
seem to be a way to format the finished product like can be done when it

has
been generated with headings i.e. under the Modify button, only TOC1, TOC2
etc show up. Is there a way it can be done without applying switches? I
haven't used siwtiches before but will need to get to grips with it if

that's
the only way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hebe Hebe is offline

Thanks, Suzanne. I wasn't making the connection between TOC 1 and my
entries; I was association TOC 1 with Heading 1 and I didn't have any Heading
1 in my document. Thanks for putting me straight!

"Hebe" wrote in message
I have generated a TOC by marking various phrases in my doc. There

doesn't
seem to be a way to format the finished product like can be done when it

has
been generated with headings i.e. under the Modify button, only TOC1, TOC2
etc show up. Is there a way it can be done without applying switches? I
haven't used siwtiches before but will need to get to grips with it if

that's
the only way.

Table of Contents page # format pj Microsoft Word Help 1 April 3rd 06 09:38 PM
table of contents format TJ Tables 4 January 27th 06 06:38 PM
how to get contents in table with format Jed Tables 0 November 1st 05 09:49 AM
I need to format a table of contents CLo Tables 5 April 12th 05 11:42 PM
Format of Table of Contents Russell Brook Page Layout 6 December 20th 04 04:38 PM