Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Colleen Colleen is offline

Default Bug in Word 2007 list numbering when modifying?

In Word 2007, I have set up list numbering using the traditional (Word
97-2003) method of tying the numbers into paragraph styles. Works great
except that whenever I modify the definition via Multilevel List -- Define
New Multilevel List, the numbered paragraph where my cursor is located
restarts numbering at #1. If I modify the List from the first numbered
paragraph at the top of the list, the 2nd paragraph restarts numbering at 1,
so I have two #1 paragraphs. When this happens, I can remove direct
formatting (with Ctrl+Q) from the misnumbered paragraph and the numbering is
fixed, but I am rolling this out for a client and am wondering if it's
possible to get this to work properly without the extra step.

Thanks,

Colleen