Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
birdfishy

Default Cannot turn off background repagination

Using Word in Office 2003

- I go to General View
- General
- uncheck Background Repagination
- OK

That procedure is not turning off background repagination. I go to "General"
immediately after (to make sure) and the Background Repagination box is
checked again. Very frustrating, as I am a translator and Word running slowly
is slowing down my work.
Help, please, if you can!

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Repagination can only be turned off for Normal view.
If you are in fact using Normal view, exclusively, and
it still doesn't work, you may want to take a look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"birdfishy" wrote in message
Using Word in Office 2003

- I go to General View
- General
- uncheck Background Repagination
- OK

That procedure is not turning off background repagination. I go to

"General"
immediately after (to make sure) and the Background Repagination box

is
checked again. Very frustrating, as I am a translator and Word

running slowly
is slowing down my work.
Help, please, if you can!

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sophie Sophie is offline

I have done everything you suggest - only working in Normal layout, etc. but
the background repagination is still there. I know that when I want to print,
it will come back anyway.
Another frustrated translator!