Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeighC LeighC is offline

Default Help with a Form i've made on word 2007

Hi
Please help me somebody, this may seem a basic problem to some but it's
driving me mad.
I've created a form on word 2007 using draw table function; each cell has a
heading within it with bold writing (eg, Treatment -). I was planning on
printing this form off and filling it by hand however trying to look more
professional I was trying to set it up to fill in within word. This has
opened a whole new can of problems for me.
Problems €“
1) Trying to stop the size of the table cells increasing when entering text
and pressing enter?
2) Preventing the heading from moving when working within the table cell?
3) Setting up a font within the cell which is different from heading which
will automatically be there when filling the form in without having to reset
it each time I use the form?
Any help would be gratefully received and will save my laptop from being
recited into my front yard.

Leigh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To prevent a form from resizing, use table cells with fixed dimensions.

To prevent formatting changes, you can restrict formatting to a selection of
styles. See this article:

Restrict or permit formatting changes
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH100970211033

Alternatively, use a protected form, which means that you insert form fields
in table cells (to prevent the layout from changing), apply the desired font
formatting, and then protect the document (to prevent users from changing the
formatting). For the general idea, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm. This article
does not describe the specific steps for Word 2007, though. In Word 2007,
you'll insert the Word 97-2003 form fields via the Legacy Tools button on the
Developer tab (in the Controls group). To enable protection, you would then
click the Protect Document button (in the Protect group), which will present
a task pane similar to the one found in Word 2003.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP