Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Carlos Nunes Carlos Nunes is offline

Default Line separator in Mail Merge

Hi,

I'm trying to have line separator chars embedded in one field of the
datasource.
I tried to use the ^l char but when I perform the merge operation those
characters don't get replaced.
I have to display a variable list of documents each of those separated by a
line separator.
Does anyone have a clue about how can I solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What do you mean by a variable list of documents? Do you mean that you want
to produce a series of merge documents, each of which will have a list of
documents that may differ in number from one merge document to the next.?

What is the datasource?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Carlos Nunes" Carlos wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to have line separator chars embedded in one field of the
datasource.
I tried to use the ^l char but when I perform the merge operation those
characters don't get replaced.
I have to display a variable list of documents each of those separated by
line separator.
Does anyone have a clue about how can I solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Carlos Nunes[_2_] Carlos Nunes[_2_] is offline

Your sentence regarding the list of documents is correct. The list of
documents may differ in number from one merge document to the next.

The datasource is a txt file and in the mentioned field I have something
like this:

"- ID card number ^l - Fiscal card number ^l - Address document ^l - Bank
account document"

The goal would be to have this field in the document displayed like:

- ID card number
- Fiscal card number
- Address document
- Bank account document

But instead i'm getting in the document the source string like:

- ID card number ^l - Fiscal card number ^l - Address document ^l - Bank
account document

Thanks once again for your help,
Carlos