Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
salventuro salventuro is offline
Junior Member

Default mail merge for each individual excel doc in a folder

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is having a good day.

This is my first post here, I'm a noob, so be gentle. LOL

I am running Office 2003 Pro on XP Pro SP2.

I have been searching the web for a solution to a project I'm working on, to no avail. I don't know if it's even possible.

I have inserted the image of a form in a Word doc, I have mapped the fields to be merged from the data in excel spreadsheets

I can perform the mail merge manually. The issue is, I have over one thousand excel doc's to perform the merge on. Can a macro be used to loop through a folder, merge and propogate to a new Word doc for each excel doc?

This will create over one thousand word doc's, which will then be emailed to the corresponding employees.

Also, can the name of the new Word doc created, be saved as the corresponding name as the Excel doc?
Example, if the Excel doc is named 123abc.xls. can the new propogated Word doc be saved as 123abc.doc?

Any assistance or links anyone knows of, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Last edited by salventuro : May 12th 09 at 03:57 AM Reason: typo