Number format

Default How do I change the format of a number in a table

In a table I want to change the format of a number. For example, instead of
using a minus sign for a negative number I want to use brackets, add two
decimals to the number or add a dollar sign.
Doug Robbins

You cannot do that automatically with a Word table. If however you insert
and Excel spreadsheet into the document instead of using a Word table, you
will have access to all of the cell formatting capability of Excel and
except when you are actually working in the table, it will not be possible
to tell that it is not a Word table.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.