IanC

Default Fonts in Table Styles Word 2003

I have discovered that once the font of the Normal paragraph style has been
changed, then none of the font settings defined in a table style will work.
This would seem to be a bug/feature.

1) Am I missing something?
2) Is there a fix?
3) Is there a workaround (short of redefining "Normal")?

I notice there is a style called Table Normal in the "based on list" but I
don't see this anywhere else; I was wondering if I could change this to
avoid resetting normal.

Thanks

(and sorry if this is well-known - I am a network/platforms guy)

Margaret Aldis

Yes it's a bug/feature.

No fix I know of - I guess it's "by design", though it makes the feature
fairly useless.

You can find Table Normal in the list, but you can't change it.

Usual solution is to use paragraph styles for table cell formatting, just as
we did before Table Styles - you may then need to write some code to apply
them. I find Table Styles do have some limited use for borders and shading,
though they can apparently introduce some very unreliable positioning
effects - the T Style neither completely controls the table indent, nor
completely leaves it alone it seems.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP