MargShake

Default Why do tables sometimes get corrupted in a file?

I am working with files that include tables. Sometimes re-opening the file
causes a table to be corrupt. What is the cause of that? And how do you set
up a table so it will not happen?
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Sorry, but I've been using tables in Word, intensely for over 10 years
and don't ever remember a table becoming corrupt in any Word docs???
So this isn't a common issue as far as I know.

But your question is a bit vague...what do you mean by corrupt? What
is happening? What's the problem? What are you trying to do? What
versin do you have?

A little more info would help. You might want to check out this
article for more info about getting help...

Troubleshooting Computer (and MS Word) Errors

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:47:05 -0800, MargShake
wrote:

I am working with files that include tables. Sometimes re-opening the file
causes a table to be corrupt. What is the cause of that? And how do you set
up a table so it will not happen?

Marg Shake

I have version 2003. I am copyediting files that contain tables, then sending
them by email. When the file is subsequently opened (either by the project
manager or me), I get the table corrupt error message. And when I look
through the file, one or more tables will be messed up, type missing, weird
size, etc. It doesn't happen all the time. I am working with files for grade
school workbooks.

wrote:

I am working with files that include tables. Sometimes re-opening the file
causes a table to be corrupt. What is the cause of that? And how do you set
up a table so it will not happen?

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Huh! Thanks for the info.

Well, if you ever get another that's messed up...or can get a screen
shot of that error message...I would be intrested in seeing them for
further investigation. Feel free to email either/both to me directly
at dianATmousetrax.com (change AT to @) or contact me through
mousetrax.com. I'd like to check this out further, but have never seen
the problem myself.

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified