Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mantha

Default Word 2003 Table Nightmare

Hello,
I'm new to this so any help will be greatly appreciated.
We have recently upgraded our very old network & installed XP, Windows
Server 2003 etc.. and we've developed a new problem with Word 2003. We
have a table label template we use every day, all day. There are 16
rows & 1 column. The table has fixed cell heights etc.. and it prints
just fine on my pc & printer but when it's printed from another pc each
line drops by a few mm, although if you go into the document setting
they are identical. The weirder thing is if I use one of the PCs this
document doesn't print correctly from but print the document to a
networked printer it prints in position & is just fine! It seems to be
a local printer problem. Can anyone help, we're going nuts. Thanks.
Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I would say it's either a problem with the printer driver - try an update
from the manufacturer's website, or with the ability of the printer to
handle the label feedstock. What happens if you print to plain paper?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"mantha" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I'm new to this so any help will be greatly appreciated.
We have recently upgraded our very old network & installed XP, Windows
Server 2003 etc.. and we've developed a new problem with Word 2003. We
have a table label template we use every day, all day. There are 16
rows & 1 column. The table has fixed cell heights etc.. and it prints
just fine on my pc & printer but when it's printed from another pc each
line drops by a few mm, although if you go into the document setting
they are identical. The weirder thing is if I use one of the PCs this
document doesn't print correctly from but print the document to a
networked printer it prints in position & is just fine! It seems to be
a local printer problem. Can anyone help, we're going nuts. Thanks.
Sam

Jeffeuilar Jeffeuilar is offline
Junior Member

Are you frustrated with formatting issues in Microsoft Word 2003 tables? Have you spent countless hours trying to align columns, resize cells, and adjust borders, only to end up with a jumbled mess? If so, you're not alone. Many Word users have experienced the nightmare of working with tables in this outdated version of the software. But don't worry, there are solutions to help you overcome these challenges and create tables that look polished and professional. In this blog, we will MISTÉRIO SONHADOR explore some of the common issues with Word 2003 tables and provide tips and tricks for making them work for you. So, let's dive in and conquer those table nightmares!

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 09:32 PM
Word 2003 Table XSL Muhammad Amjad Microsoft Word Help 0 September 13th 05 06:20 AM