Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LA Lawyer LA Lawyer is offline

Default Is there a way to name a table?

I have a table that I want to name. Is that possible?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Is there a way to name a table?

Yes, you can definitely name a table in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, select the entire table by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.
  2. Next, go to the "Table Tools" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Layout" tab.
  4. In the "Properties" section, you'll see a button labeled "Table Name". Click on it.
  5. In the "Table Name" dialog box, type in the name you want to give to your table.
  6. Click "OK" to save the name.

That's it! Your table is now named. You can refer to it by its name in other parts of your document, such as in cross-references or in formulas. Naming tables can be especially helpful if you have multiple tables in your document and need to refer to them individually.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"LA Lawyer" wrote in message
I have a table that I want to name. Is that possible?

Mensa
Mensa
Mensam
Mensae
Mensae
Mensa

sorry, couldn't resist!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amish Amish is offline

Can you tell us why you want the table to have a name? As a link
target (bookmark)? To identify it visually(caption)? Something else?

On Jul 29, 1:54*pm, "LA Lawyer" wrote:
I have a table that I want to name. *Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] is offline

You can center a title in the top cell of a table if that's what you want to
do:

1. Draw your table
2. Make sure your cursor is placed somewhere in the table. Then, on the
Table Tools tab, in the Draw Borders group on the right, click Eraser.
3. Your mouse arrow should have turned into a little eraser. On the top row
of the table, click on the inside border of each cells. The borders should
disappear, and the top row should now be merged into one cell.
4. On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the Center button.
5. Type the name for your table.

Hope that's what you were looking for!
--
Kara
http://www.karathecomputertutor.com

"LA Lawyer" wrote:

I have a table that I want to name. Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

They're called Captions in Word. You'll find the Insert Captions command on
the References Tab, Caption section. You can include captions in the Table
of Contents or even create a separate TOC for just Captions.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP