Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jose A Castañeda Jose A Castañeda is offline

Default How do I insert table or image in a two column word document

I had create a word document in a one column and insert tables occuping the
page wide, but I like convert the text format in a two column. When I click
in a two columns format, tables are affecting by tis action, how do I do to
mantenaince the table format? (excuse me, but mi english is bad)
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert table or image in a two column word document

To insert a table or image in a two-column Word document, follow these steps:
  1. Select the text that you want to convert to two columns.
  2. Go to the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Columns" button, and select "Two" from the drop-down menu.
  4. Your text should now be formatted into two columns. However, your tables may be affected by this change.
  5. To maintain the table format, select the table.
  6. Go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  7. Click on the "Properties" button, and select "Table Properties" from the drop-down menu.
  8. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, go to the "Table" tab.
  9. Under "Text Wrapping," select "None" from the drop-down menu.
  10. Click "OK" to apply the changes.
  11. Your table should now be formatted correctly and maintain its original format, even in a two-column document.

To insert an image, follow these steps:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the image.
  2. Go to the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Pictures" button, and select the image you want to insert from your computer.
  4. Once the image is inserted, you can resize it by clicking and dragging on the corners of the image.
  5. You can also move the image by clicking and dragging it to the desired location.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Jose,

You could insert a Section break before & after your table, and format the
Section containing the table as single-column. Alternatively, you could
insert a page-width text-box into the document and cut & paste your table
into that.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Jose A Castañeda" Jose A wrote in
message ...
I had create a word document in a one column and insert tables occuping

the
page wide, but I like convert the text format in a two column. When I

click
in a two columns format, tables are affecting by tis action, how do I do

mantenaince the table format? (excuse me, but mi english is bad)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

When using Format - Columns, in below there is an option called "Apply To:".
Set your cursor in the document from where you want to start the columns
(after table) click Format - Columns - (choose the desire nos. of columns)
and from Apply To drop down menu choose "This Point Forward". Easy way to
tell word that start the columns from the cursor position.

Hope this is what you were looking for, let us know!