Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Miami Girl Miami Girl is offline

Default How do I create a side by side comparison in WORD?

I need to type "two columns", side by side of text. Office Word 2007
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I create a side by side comparison in WORD?

Here's how you can create a side by side comparison in Word 2007:
  1. Open a new Word document.
  2. Type in the text that you want to appear in the first column.
  3. Place your cursor at the end of the text in the first column.
  4. Click on the "Page Layout" tab at the top of the screen.
  5. Click on the "Columns" button in the "Page Setup" section.
  6. Select "Two" under "Presets" to create two columns.
  7. Your text will now be split into two columns. Type in the text that you want to appear in the second column.

That's it! You should now have two columns of text side by side. You can adjust the width of the columns by clicking and dragging the line between them. If you want to add more columns, simply select the number of columns you want under "Columns" in the "Page Setup" section.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Miami Girl,

Create a two-column table and put one lot of text in the left column and the other in the right column.

--
Cheers
macropod