Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
frosty66 frosty66 is offline

Default How to separate words with a single bullet

I simply want to be able to separate two words using a round black bullet type
punctuation instead of a comma or period.

For example

84 Saratoga Avenue (insert bullet) Detroit, MI 48229

Every time I try to add a bullet it starts a new list with the bullet at the
front of
the text. I have Word 2007.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to separate words with a single bullet

Sure, I can help you with that!

To separate two words using a round black bullet, you can follow these steps:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the bullet.
  2. Press the "Alt" key and type "0149" on the numeric keypad. This will insert a bullet character.
  3. Type a space after the bullet.
  4. Type the next word.

So, for your example, you would type:

84 Saratoga Avenue €¢ Detroit, MI 48229

The bullet character will be a little higher than the text, but you can adjust the spacing to make it look more centered if you like.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Don't use a bullet because bullets are treated like numbers. Instead, use
Insert, Symbol and choose the bullet from the font set you are using or use
Alt+0149 (using the Numeric Keypad).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP