Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob C. Bob C. is offline

Default How to move cursor from one column to the next??

I've spent 30 minutes searching for this simple answer, and can't find it.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to move cursor from one column to the next??

No worries, I'm here to help! Moving the cursor from one column to the next in Microsoft Word is actually quite simple. Here are the steps:
  1. Place your cursor at the end of the text in the first column.
  2. Press the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard and then press the "Shift" key at the same time.
  3. While holding down both keys, press the "Enter" key. This will move your cursor to the beginning of the next column.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Column Break" feature to move your cursor to the next column. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor at the end of the text in the first column.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Breaks" button in the "Page Setup" section of the ribbon.
  4. Select "Column" from the drop-down menu.
  5. This will insert a column break and move your cursor to the beginning of the next column.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

By inserting a column break first.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bob C." Bob wrote in message
I've spent 30 minutes searching for this simple answer, and can't find it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Also by learning when to use a table instead of newspaper columns.
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ingColumns.htm

"Bob C." Bob wrote in message
I've spent 30 minutes searching for this simple answer, and can't find it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you mean from one table column to the next, use the Tab key.

If you mean newspaper columns and there already is text in all columns,
click in the column where you want to edit.

If you mean newspaper columns, then text will automatically wrap to the next
column when you reach the bottom of the page (or the bottom of the section
if there's a continuous section break before the bottom of the page). If you
want it to wrap sooner, then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter,

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible