Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mer Mer is offline

Default remove a split in a table

I am in word and a table has been created, inserted and has been split, to
show on two pages (not a page break). I believe just the command "Split
table".
However, due to deletions and resizing the document ------ I need to join
the table back together as one whole table. Cannot seem to do it. How to
rejoin a split table ??????????????????? HELPP!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: remove a split in a table

Rejoining a Split Table in Microsoft Word
  1. Click anywhere inside the split table to activate the "Table Tools" tab in the ribbon.
  2. In the "Table Tools" tab, click on the "Layout" tab.
  3. In the "Layout" tab, locate the "Merge Cells" button in the "Merge" group.
  4. Click on the "Merge Cells" button to merge the split table back into one whole table.
  5. If the split table had column headings, you may need to reapply them to the merged table. To do this, select the first row of the merged table and click on the "Table Tools" tab in the ribbon.
  6. In the "Table Tools" tab, click on the "Layout" tab and then click on the "Repeat Header Rows" button in the "Data" group.

That's it! Your split table should now be merged back into one whole table. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

All that Table--Split table does is insert a paragraph return. Just delete
the paragraph return. My bet is, however, that someone has that first row in
the "second" table set to "Page Break Before" under Format--Paragraph -OR-
they have used "Keep with Next" settings under Format--Paragraph on SOME of
the rows. I'd select the entire table (Table--Select Table) and then
Format--Paragraph, Line and page breaks tab, and uncheck either of those
items.

Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

Split Table Karen Tables 2 January 11th 07 10:50 PM
cannot remove split window Marianne - Air Liquide Page Layout 2 November 28th 06 02:04 PM
Split cell in a table jerick Tables 2 October 31st 06 02:13 PM
How do I reconnect a split table? cmccollum Tables 2 August 26th 05 06:00 PM
Remove split for default document TeaVan Microsoft Word Help 1 August 13th 05 05:02 PM