David and Karin

Default Invalid page fault in module VBA332.DLL

I have been activating an older computer for myself, as my wife has our main
one where she's living while taking her MA.

I'm running an old HP Vectra with 500MHz chip and 384 MB ram. I have a
total of just over 11 GB of HD space split between two similar sized disks.

I use Windows 98SE.

I uninstalled the no longer legal Office 2000 Pro suite but left my legal
(but unused!!) Publisher 97 on the system.

I then installed Office 97 Pro (a second-hand, legally purchsed version,
with original disc etc). Word gives the above fault shortly after the blank
page appears on the screen, and then crashes. Access refuses to accept that
I have the legal right to use the program and Outlook doesn't work properly
either, but I can live without them (though I shouldn't have to). I've even
got to the point of using Publisher to write my letters, I'm *THAT* desperate

I have Norton System Works 2003 with Virus Checker and Firewall and update
these weekly. It would not surprise me, having read some of the letters, if
this is not in some way responsible. I already have to keep the Firewall
turned off as it otherwise prevents me from getting on the web on AOL (but no
problem with e-mails!!!). There are times when I think it's more nuisance
than it's worth.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.