Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jasper Kok Jasper Kok is offline

Default Using a monochrome printer with full colour stationery

I am using Word 2007 and I am thinking about ordering pre-printed
stationery with a full-colour letterhead and logo. However, I only have
a monochrome printer. Is there a way to tell the printer to ignore the
pre-printed sections of a letter, invoice or whatever I have created,
and only print the document specific information? If so, how should I do
that? Can this be set in Word, or is this something the printer driver
does so that this varies per printer type?

Thank you for any pointers you may have.

Jasper
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Set up a template (call it "Letterhead," say) with the top margin wide enough
to clear all the pre-printed information, and start a new document not by simply opening Word or typing Ctrl-N, but by clicking the Office Button,
selecting New, and double-clicking on the Letterhead template.

(Or, if almost everything you do on that computer uses the letterhead, then
make the change in the Normal.dotx template, and create a new template to
use if you ever type something that doesn't go on letterhead.)

NB A template can have a "Different First Page," so the following pages can
have a higher top margin since you don't use letterhead there.

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 8:23:51 PM UTC-4, Jasper Kok wrote:
I am using Word 2007 and I am thinking about ordering pre-printed
stationery with a full-colour letterhead and logo. However, I only have
a monochrome printer. Is there a way to tell the printer to ignore the
pre-printed sections of a letter, invoice or whatever I have created,
and only print the document specific information? If so, how should I do
that? Can this be set in Word, or is this something the printer driver
does so that this varies per printer type?

Thank you for any pointers you may have.

Jasper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jasper Kok Jasper Kok is offline

Thank you very much, Peter! That is very clear and simple.

Peter T. Daniels schreef op 10-3-2015 om 4:17:
[...]

Tracking changes - author colour colour changing bradsmih Microsoft Word Help 8 January 25th 10 02:36 AM
Stationery anagramma New Users 1 November 29th 07 03:58 AM
printer properties does not designate manual feed printer asks fo Amy Brimah[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 2 April 23rd 07 09:40 PM
Stationery? nez Page Layout 2 February 14th 06 06:53 AM
how do we use our own stationery on e-mail normski Microsoft Word Help 1 December 4th 05 11:36 AM