Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BruceM BruceM is offline

Default "Paper" size on screen

Word 2003. When opening a new document in Print Layout view the "paper"
size as presented on screen does not include the header and footer areas.
When I start typing the first line of text appears at the very top of the
"page". If I click View Header and Footer the view on the screen assumes
the correct proportions (i.e. it looks like an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper) and
remains that way even if I click View Header and Footer again (switching
the focus back to the body of the document). What could be causing this
out-of-proportion initial view? It could actually prove to be a useful
view, but I would like to be able to control it.