Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Kerry[_2_] Kerry[_2_] is offline

Default TOC and index details into a different format

Word 2003.

I am creating a massive stock/parts document that will require a condensed
listing (an extract from each page) of each data name / item number / code
number for each part, showing which page it is on. Each stock part/item will
be on its on page with various details. Very much like a catalogue, but I
need to have the TOC spread into rows and columns with headings, and basic
data extracted to form a table - like a summary of data using a set of
pre-defined categories/column titles..

Question 1: I need to know how I can extract 4 separate criteria wording,
and then bring that into a TOC under column headings with a page number
setout like a TOC.
Example:

Item Name Item No. Description Stock ID#
Page No.

Many thanks in advance.
Kerry