Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JanD JanD is offline

Default Primary/Secondary Merge Problem - Pls Help!

Working with XP Word 2003.

I have a secondary file that contains around 15 entries. You are asked
name, age, gender, etc., and after you type in the answers, just some of
these questions will be asked again and this time the answers show up on the
screen.

--
Jan Decker
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is there a question here?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JanD" wrote in message
Working with XP Word 2003.

I have a secondary file that contains around 15 entries. You are asked
name, age, gender, etc., and after you type in the answers, just some of
these questions will be asked again and this time the answers show up on
the
screen.

--
Jan Decker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JanD JanD is offline

Sorry about that.

The question part is: Some of the questions repeat themselves and they
should not. How can I get rid of the repeating questions? I do not see
anything obvious, i.e., that they are entered twice.

--
Jan Decker

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Is there a question here?

--

"JanD" wrote in message
Working with XP Word 2003.

I have a secondary file that contains around 15 entries. You are asked
name, age, gender, etc., and after you type in the answers, just some of
these questions will be asked again and this time the answers show up on
the
screen.

--
Jan Decker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

OK, exactly what do you mean by a "secondary file" How is that file set up?
Does it contain any fields?

--

"JanD" wrote in message
Sorry about that.

The question part is: Some of the questions repeat themselves and they
should not. How can I get rid of the repeating questions? I do not see
anything obvious, i.e., that they are entered twice.

--
Jan Decker

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Is there a question here?

--

"JanD" wrote in message
Working with XP Word 2003.

I have a secondary file that contains around 15 entries. You are asked
name, age, gender, etc., and after you type in the answers, just some
of
these questions will be asked again and this time the answers show up
on
the
screen.

--
Jan Decker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JanD JanD is offline

My secondary contains my fields. I call it up, questions pop up, i.e., Name,
gender, DOB, SSN, etc. As the questions pop up, I type in the answer and
click "OK", and the next question appears.

It is set up in a table-like format; first row shows your fields, next row
shows the answers.

At some point, I had to add some questions, i.e., address, State, etc.
Shortly after that was when some questions started repeating and I cannot
figure out how/why. I then save it as a regular Word document.

I could always send you a sample if needed.

--
Jan Decker

"JanD" wrote in message
Sorry about that.

The question part is: Some of the questions repeat themselves and they
should not. How can I get rid of the repeating questions? I do not see
anything obvious, i.e., that they are entered twice.

--
Jan Decker

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Is there a question here?

--

"JanD" wrote in message
Working with XP Word 2003.

I have a secondary file that contains around 15 entries. You are asked
name, age, gender, etc., and after you type in the answers, just some
of
these questions will be asked again and this time the answers show up
on
the
screen.

--
Jan Decker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Jan,

Please send me a sample so that I can properly understand what you have.
Send it to dkr[at]mvps.org

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

"JanD" wrote in message
Sorry about that.

The question part is: Some of the questions repeat themselves and they
should not. How can I get rid of the repeating questions? I do not
see
anything obvious, i.e., that they are entered twice.

--
Jan Decker

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Is there a question here?