Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tonyb tonyb is offline

Default How to edit contents of Word 2003 database file in Word 2007

I have a data base file created in Word 2003 using Mail Merge I think its
actually a .doc file. I want to edit some of the details and now have Office
2007. Can't find the database toolbar(it doesn't exist) or the old Data Form
button that allowed me to do this previously.

How do I do this in Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the mailings tab, Edit Recipient List. Select the list in the lower
window and the edit button becomes available.
Or if it is a Word document, open it in Word and make the changes directly.

TonyB wrote:
I have a data base file created in Word 2003 using Mail Merge I think
its actually a .doc file. I want to edit some of the details and now
have Office 2007. Can't find the database toolbar(it doesn't exist)
or the old Data Form button that allowed me to do this previously.

How do I do this in Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you prefer the old "Data Form" that was on the Database toolbar in Word
2003 it is still available - go to Office button-Word Options-Customize,
select "Commands not in the Ribbon" in the first dropdown, locate "Data
Form" in the list and click Add to add it to the Quick Access Toolbar

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk