Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rhapsody Rhapsody is offline

Default Merging fields with more than 256 characters

When merging fields from Excel to Word in Office 2003 I have
encounterd this strange problem that if a field contains more than 256
characters, Word does import only those 256 first characters in the
cell, but not the rest...

Is there someone who kows how I can get this to work with long fields?

Kind regards,
Lieven
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Fellow Word MVP Peter Jamieson was the expert on data connection and had
some information on his web site, but he has withdrawn from regular use of
the forums and his site appears to be down. However checking his posts at
Google, it seems that the problem is associated with the way Word connects
to its data. See if the following helps:

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. (In Word
2007 it is Office Button Word Options Advanced General Confirm file
format conversion on open). Then when you attach the data source to the mail
merge main document, you will be given the option of using the DDE method of
connection which should read the data as you have it formatted in the table.

Merging YesNo fields scott Mailmerge 1 May 5th 06 03:46 AM
Help merging japanese characters jennifer72401 Mailmerge 2 February 19th 06 05:32 PM
Word2000 Merging Fields B. Wingert Microsoft Word Help 1 June 1st 05 09:38 PM
Merging Access into Word - characters changed LindaM Mailmerge 2 May 9th 05 03:58 PM
Difficulties mail merging special characters from excel to word 20 Nondejuu Mailmerge 1 January 5th 05 01:30 PM